New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 Explorer looped restart

To me unknown reason Explorer in windows7_64ultimate stuck in such a way that I don't know what to do with it.
    After turning on the PC and desktop appearance boots after some seconds Explorer will switch on and off - ie all the icons and a desktop background flash, and cannot run any program. The mouse is slow, delayed response.
    I tried all my available options: scf/ scannow - everything is ok, last know good configuration. Further system restore to its previous state program, which I suspect is in on it (utility mkvtoolnix for basic video editing). It was the latest software that I installed (although then uninstalled). The virus probably will not, maybe malware? How can I find out if it is?
    This question I am writing in safe mode, which fortunately allow basic use. I cannot reveal here any resident programs on background with RSIT.
    I want to avoid, if possible, os reinstall. Before that, I ask here if anyone has similar experience and possibly advise perhaps trivial procedure. Like this one, which just doesn't work:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...fd503bd?auth=1
    Thanks for any response
    Peter

Super Moderator
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm sorry for copies of questions, I didn't know that all mentors are everywhere.
    It will not happen again.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It looks like the only response you have had so far was to ask the security guys to have a look at it in http://forums.majorgeeks.com/printthread.php?t=294711

sfc /scannow doesn't check all files but I would have thought it would check your Start up ones but when you boot up into the Advanced Boot options, select Repair your Computer and navigate to the Recovery Environment and select Startup Repair to see what that reports.

It's advocated to run this up to three times if it reports that it is unable to repair.

As the sfc came back clean then there would be no point in running an offboot sfc /scannow but should the problem be due to an infection, there are a couple of robust antimalware scanners that you can run in Safe Mode with Networking.

Free ESET Online Scanner - With this one, click on Advanced and check all of the boxes.

There is also a box to check for auto uninstall on completion.

MBAM - With this, uncheck the 14 day Premium free trial box and check the box for Scan for rootkits in Settings/Detection and Protection.

For the real heavy gear there is the Kaspersky Rescue Disk that you boot up with which can take a number of hours to scan.

You will need to tap F12 (usually) as you switch on and select the disk drive (could be listed as ODD), to change the boot order for a one off then insert the disk and press enter.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-08-25 at 12:17.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    That RSIT programs seems to be very thorough http://ccm.net/faq/4409-rsit-installation-and-first-use