New Lounger
    Thanks

Question IE 11 not working in Windows 10

I made some registry changes to try to get Microsoft Money Plus to work in Windows 10. Now IE 11 isn't working. If IE is no longer supported by Microsoft, then is it important. Microsoft Money still isn't working even with the fixes explained on Microsoft Support. I can uninstall Money Plus but have no idea how to repair the registry that affected IE.
    May you be blessed today,

Karen

Thanks
    If you backed up the registry keys/values before you edited them, you can restore that backup. If not, running sfc /scannow in an elevated Command Prompt might work. If you revisit the MS Support site, it might have the keys shown in their original values, and you could go from there and do the fix in reverse.

As for Money Plus, only one value needed to be changed for it to work for me, and IE 11 still works fine.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbearren For This Useful Post:

kedwards138 (2015-08-26)

Thanks
    See if you have a System Restore point you can use. What do you mean by "not working" ?

If you get IE 11 working again, see this tread on getting Money to work with Windows 10:
    http://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...d-10240-a.html

Jerry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

kedwards138 (2015-08-26)

Thanks
    Also, right here in the Windows 10 Forum, Windows 10 and Microsoft Money.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbearren For This Useful Post:

kedwards138 (2015-08-26)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I changed the value to 0 and it still didn't work. It was also suggested to download a patched dll which I did and put in the core part. I did make a registry backup before I did that but I don't know how to reinstall that backup. I also renamed the old mnyob99.dll to oldmnyob99.dll.

Karen

New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I bring up IE, I get the message that it is not working and has to shut down.

Karen

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I did apply that change and could bring it up but if I tried to do anything in Money, it freezes and I have to shut down the whole computer to get it off.

Karen

Thanks
    Double click the registry backup file and it will install itself. I think your best option here, however, is to run a System Restore point that was set prior to your changes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Calimanco For This Useful Post:

kedwards138 (2015-08-26)