New Lounger
    Dayton, Ohio, USA

Unhappy Windows Store has a life of its own!

For starters my upgrade from a perfectly functioning 8.1 pro to 10 went slick as a whistle. I have this insane issue with Windows store. First I have the Pro version of Windows, I have gone into the store settings and turned off “Update apps automatically”. I researched and found all the Windows Store items in the task scheduler and disabled them all.
    Yet the windows store keeps opening at random anyway. It’s like it has a life of its own! I want to control when it opens and update the apps when I want it to. What am I missing? This is driving me nuts. It disrupts my computer sleep cycle so I had to change my NIC’s power management settings which is not what I want, in order to keep the computer asleep at night. The store would pop up (STILL DOES) and would wake the computer. I hope someone knows of a fix besides disabling the store service. That makes for extra work for when I do want to update apps. This never happened with Windows 8.1. Help! O.o
    Best regards,

"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 902 Posts
    The store service itself is manual and only runs when needed. The client license service is automatic and runs all the time. It is probably the culprit. Sorry, but I don't know how to stop the license service from doing its thing short of disabling the service.