Thanks

Money Plus Sunset Stopped Working

I downloaded my .ofx file from my credit union this morning to balance my checking account, and when I double-clicked Transaction.ofx (the name my credit union gives the file) I got the usual dialog box, "The information has been received and will be imported the next time you run Money. Do you want to start Money now?" and I clicked Yes.

Money opened, asked for my password, imported the file, then froze. Another dialog box popped up saying that Money had a problem and would close, and MS would inform me when there is a fix, or words to that effect. perusing online, I found that one of the recent updates to Windows 10 made the registry change (changing .16384 to .0) no longer necessary, and Money was working fine now for most everyone. Tried that, but no luck.

There were still problems for some, and the indicated solution was replacing "mnyob99.dll" with a patched version (of which there are two, one for Money Plus Sunset and one for Money Plus Sunset Home and Business), and download links to both files. Mine is the plain Money Plus Sunset, so I downloaded that file from here (Malwarebytes gives it a clean bill of health), renamed my existing file in the MNYCoreFiles folder and copied in the new file.

Money is working correctly again, with my original registry change reversed. The specifics for the patched mnyob99.dll are given in one of the posts in the first link above.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbearren For This Useful Post:

CLiNT (2015-08-26)

Thanks
    @bbearren: Strange; my Money 2004 Standard still works fine after the updates (and having initially had to make the original registry change when I upgraded to Win 10 Pro)
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petesmst View Post
    @bbearren: Strange; my Money 2004 Standard still works fine after the updates (and having initially had to make the original registry change when I upgraded to Win 10 Pro)
    Yes, it's a mixed bag. In my noodling around the net many folks with the same version I have were reporting no problems, and many with earlier versions like yours were reporting no problems, but some, like me, were having that freeze/error report.

In addition, my Windows 10 is upgraded over my Windows 7 Ultimate which has been around for years, migrated through 2 or 3 builds, several and various hardware upgrades, ripped asunder and reassembled software-wise numerous times, imaged and restored who knows how many times.

On the Windows 10 compatibility page for Money, 41 of 288 voted it compatible, but there's a die-hard contingent of loyal Money users, one of whom patched the dll file that made my copy work again.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    bbearren,

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones? My copy of Money still works on Win 10 Home.
    It also works on my Win 10 Pro on Build 10525.
    Both machines using Local Account to run Money.

Thanks for the Info thought, I've downloaded the .dll and stored for future need!

May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    bbearren,

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones? My copy of Money still works on Win 10 Home.
    It also works on my Win 10 Pro on Build 10525.
    Both machines using Local Account to run Money.

Thanks for the Info thought, I've downloaded the .dll and stored for future need!

Mine worked fine two days ago, on the 24th. I got a cumulative Windows 10 Update for x64 on the 18th, and nothing but Windows Defender Definition Updates since then. Who knows? But it works again, and I'm fine with that.

Hopefully you won't need that .dll, but it's good to have it at the ready just in case.

Unleash Windows