Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word document to PDF

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this...I have a Word document, quite large, with lots of screen shots (it is a user guide.) When I convert it to a PDF, a lot (but not all) of the screen shots disappear.
    I've tried converting it by using Adobe, by using Workshare, by using Word's print to PDF, by using pdfdocs...the result is the same. so, it must be the document. ????
    I'm using Office 2013 and I do have Workshare V 9 installed.
    Can anyone help?
    Thank you.
    Char Q
    Pacific NW

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I do this exact same thing on a regular basis with Office 2010, so I'm guessing that it might have something to do with how you are doing things.

Are you pasting them as Inline objects? This would be the first thing I would look at.

What's your operating system? Windows 7?

How are you capturing the screen shots?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    gsmith-plm, I am using Windows 7. Most screen shots are captured using the snipping tool. A few are saved as actual *.jpg and I also use Capture.exe when I need to, i.e., I want to capture the contents of a drop down box.
    Some are "in line with text" and others are "text wrap" just depends on how I want it to land on the page.
    Char Q
    Pacific NW

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Inline may be a poor choice of terms on my part. I'm thinking of a time when I had a printing problem with images and I had somehow managed to place them "on top" of the text area so that they were not actually an "inline graphic" that was part of the page.

Not sure if this makes sense or not.

Thanks
    Conversion to pdf is sometimes a "printing" process. If you print one of these pages to a regular printer, do the graphics print? If not, you may have printing of graphics turned off.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin