5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Digital cables: Making the best connections

BEST HARDWARE

Digital cables: Making the best connections

By Michael Lasky

An often overlooked source of intermittent problems with PCs, TVs, and audio equipment is poorly constructed connection cables. Knowing what makes a good, dependable cable be it USB, HDMI, Ethernet, or audio might save you from unnecessary and costly hardware replacement or repairs.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/best-hardware/digital-cables-making-the-best-connections]/ (free content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Another good source for all sorts of cables and connectors is My Cable Mart (mycablemart.com). I have purchased many audio and video cables from them and they are of high quality and very reasonable prices.
    I am not connected with the company except as a satisfied customer

Thanks
    monster cables ?? BS crawl home and do not come back! and let us not hear from you again! This guy has zero cred w/ me.
    good stuff from monoprice no problems
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy View Post
    monster cables ?? BS crawl home and do not come back! and let us not hear from you again! This guy has zero cred w/ me.
    There is no recommendation for Monster cables in the article; rather the opposite:

"I remembered my lesson from the faulty USB cable and replaced the original HDMI cable with a gold-plated Monster cable (more info). Once again, my connectivity issues immediately vanished.

But as I later learned from cable experts, buying a premium cable with gold-plated connectors was unnecessary; I could have spent much less and still had a solid, successful solution.
    (There are few general “brand-name” cables. The most well known – Monster – is able to sell its products at exorbitant prices due in part to its widely recognized name.)
    "

Thanks
    Point taken. I need to read more carefully.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.