Thread: Display Adapter

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Display Adapter

We keep getting the following message after shutting down our computer: "Display Adapter is Disabled" The photo quality is awful. I took it in to the computer builder, they unloaded the drivers and reinstalled the drivers. It worked at first, but after shutting down the computer again it came back up with the same problem. Any suggestions?
    lynndelap

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Display Adapter

If everything else is excluded (wrong driver, resource conflicts, corrupt driver files), the problem can be your video card (as a hardware) or its connectors (PCI or AGP). To check it, right-click "My Computer" icon and from pop-up menu choose Properties, then Device Manager tab. Under "Display Adapters" you will see your adapter with red exclamation sign. Highlight it and click Properties button. In "Device Status" area you will see "This device not present, not working..." message. (If above is not what you see, post it please.)
    If you have another video card, try to replace it. If you don't have it, you have to take your computer to the technician once again...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Display Adapter

Thank you for the advice. I already had the technician order a new video card.
    lynndelap