I'm using an older Lenovo laptop to run Win 10 pro, originally my insider test machine - it seemed to be looking decent after the RTM version upgrade so I decided to use it as my primary travel notebook since it has been performing fairly snappy compared to my old Win 7 Dell Netbook which is pretty slow. I mostly just use a notebook for photo backups when on vacation since the notebooks have an SD card reader to simplify transfer of my photos to the hard drive to store backup copies and then send them to my NAS when I return home. During a recent trip I also had some iPhone photos I wanted to transfer. With Win 7 I never had any issues connecting the iPhone, getting it recognized and when prompted on the phone, select "Trust this Computer". It would then show up as my iPhone with the DCIM photos folder under the internal storage listing. On the Win 10 machine I never got the prompt and the iPhone never showed up under This PC. I also saw it never went into charge mode. Since it did not show up in iTunes either, I figured it was a driver issue. I updated iTunes and still no luck. I repaired the apple mobile device support and restarted the service - still no luck. Finally I read something about checking device manager and to update the driver for the unknown device - the iPhone was listed but with a ? - the update driver option resulted in an error message saying it required an interactive panel. For whatever reason, it did not popup an interactive panel and it never created the prompt on the phone asking to trust the computer. A little more searching suggested it was a USB device setting in the registry, at least for Win 8, something about a DWORD for enhancedpowermanagementenabled to be set to 0 not 1... worth a try for Win 10. I found the device but no DWord, so I added it, set it to 0 and did a reboot... it did not help! Next I tried to update the device driver in the device manager but used the manual search my computer option rather than the auto search online. I pointed to Program Files/Common Files/Apple/Mobile Device Support/Drivers - however the driver installation again failed. Frustrated, I used the windows explorer to look in the folder and confirmed the driver there, but I also saw the INF file - tada - maybe Win 10 didn't use the INF file!!! Right clicked on the INF, selected Install and, finally, success!!! I hear the ding of the device being found and I got the prompt on my phone asking to trust the computer, I said yes and the phone now appeared in the windows explorer under This PC. In Device Manager, the Apple Mobile USB driver now shows up under the USB Controllers section and the iPhone shows up under Portable Devices. It also shows up in iTunes now. All is good... finally!!! Now if only my Elan touch pad driver would display some settings options, I'd have most all devices working correctly for a change. At least my Logitech mouse is doing ok.