New Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft level2 techs fail to complete their work in finishing my messed up upgrade.

About 13 days has gone by since I started contacting support at Microsoft about the non working upgrade for windows 10.
    First it looped on both my computers, then when a level 2 tech got involved she said my windows install was corrupt and had to
    remove it and reinstall again. 6 hours later my computer worked ok, so I thought. The tech had to create a new profile and transfer all my
    data and programs etc. to the new profile. (This is where it gets good) In doing the install over the tech (level 2 remind you) forgot to transfer my Incredimail email program, all my contacts folders and data included in the program. I told her so she downloaded Incredimail again and told me to
    set it up. In the nicest way I could I told her the data did not import, she cut me short, said "I have to go now" and said she would call back at 10:00
    am the next day. This was 7 days ago. I called the Microsoft support tel number and each time waited for at least 3 hours for a call back. This happened
    4 times, with each time the level 1 tech re hashed my problem and after 15 to 20 minutes said they would have to send an email to the level 2 techs because they are somewhere else. My last frustrating attempt was last (8/26/15) at midnight, the tech was repeating the same story about not being able to contact a level 2, when I asked for their email, so I could explain my problem, and the level 1 tech hung up on me.
    Now I don't know if he emailed level 2 or just hung up? I waited another hour til 1:00 am and went to sleep.
    I have no alternatives to contact Microsoft . Incredimail support is only an answer drop down sight. I am not skilled enough to dig into my hard drive
    to find the information myself.
    If anyone can either give me some contact information for Microsoft, or some instruction for a novice like me to find and import my data, I would
    be a happy man. Right now my mail , music business contacts, important folders are hopefully sitting some where on my hard drive.
    If you can help, please reply; joecool7940

Thanks
    I would suggest that you seek out the services of a knowledgeable technician locally in your area. Perhaps your job has technicians; if so, one of them might be willing to help you. Or maybe a local university's computer science department.

I don't think you'll get much help from Microsoft in recovering your lost stuff. They may, however, help you to get Windows working right. But in the effort to fix Windows, your lost data may get stepped on, making it more difficult to recover. Therefore, I recommend that you not use your computer until a knowledgeable technician can look at it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    If you are fortunate enough to live in an area that has a Microsoft store you could try there.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank You for the information. I will look up a local Microsoft store and also search for someone knowledgeable
    enough to help..
    Any other replies will be accepted gratefully.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Sorry but I don't know anything about Incredimail other than the name. Did you backup the system before originally embarking on the upgrade?

Joe

Thanks
    Is this now perion ?

http://www.perion.com/

Maybe help could be found there.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply; My computer is backed up to a Seagate 4 tb home cloud, but when I go to get the file it wants to do a restore. That would not help because It would revert to the same trouble scenario as before Microsoft reinstalled windows 10.
    I don't know what specific file to search for so I'm stuck there. If anyone knows the file name for retrieving email folders and contacts please respond.

Thanks
    Is Incredimail set up as POP3 or IMAP? If IMAP, then all of your data is still on the Incredimail servers. If POP3, and if you have it set to wait a while before deleting email off of the servers, then your data may still be on the Incredimail servers.

Going forward, I would suggest that you consider using IMAP, so that your email will always be on the Incredimail servers. The only problem is, if you never delete any email, you may run out of space on the Incredimail servers.