Star Lounger
    Thanks

List of Windows Substitute Fonts?

I am sure that Windows is substituting a font when displaying Asian characters in one of our custom applications. I want to look at a "font substitution table" to verify my suspicions, but cannot find any info on where this can be displayed in Windows. I am using 8.1 Pro but have had wondered the same thing for earlier versions as well.

Does anyone know where i can find this information?

Thanks!

Thanks
    The program being used determines any substitutions when a particular font is not found. In Word, for instance, the information is at Tools>Options>Compatibility>Font Substitutions. As yours is custom software, you should contact the developer.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post
    The program being used determines any substitutions when a particular font is not found. In Word, for instance, the information is at Tools>Options>Compatibility>Font Substitutions. As yours is custom software, you should contact the developer.
    Are you sure about that? I did find some information about font substitution lists in the Registry. I do know that Office and other apps can provide font substitution, but not all do, so I had thought there is a built-in Windows mechanism for doing this. Am I mistaken?