New Lounger
    Thanks

Systems Information saving corrupt msinfo32.nfo files.

I saw someone had the same problem but it seems his file was too large or something and I don't think that's my issue being the file in question is only 1.07 mb's, so I thought I should start a new thread. So here's the deal, I was asked to provide a saved copy of my Systems Info file by Sega to see if there's a conflict with a game I have that keeps crashing. So I click windows key + R, type in msinfo32, click OK, then Systems Info window opens and I click on file (at the top left) and then click save, I name the save msinfo32 and save it to desktop and send. However, I was told my Sega the file I sent them was corrupt, and sure enough when I try to open it I get "system information is unable to open this .nfo file. File might be corrupt or incompatible with this version of systems information". I've tried to save this several times and get the same corruption warning. Sega says my Windows 7 is corrupt, so after some research I found quite a few people fixed the problem by running sfc/ scannow. However, I have ran this and get "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations", and the problem continues. So how can I fix this corruption and avoid Sega's support advice of "delete and reinstall Windows", because that will be a huge pain lol. Oh BTW, sorry about the lengthy thread but I was trying to explain everything in anticipation of common replies I see in similar threads.

Thanks
    MSINFO32 collects a mass of data from a number of sources and can take several minutes to do so, depending somewhat on the speed of the PC but also with the age of the Windows install and the amount of logs/errors, etc over that time.

Start it running and then click down through each of the +'s in each section in turn (there are a few that won't have any data) until all are populated - then Save As the default type, .nfo, before zipping the saved file and sending/attaching it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

Hellno187 (2015-09-03)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No such luck . I started it, walked off and let it go for an hour, came back checked all the +'s and subcategories and everything was fine no pausing to gather info or anything. So I saved, and as soon as it was done saving, Systems Info became unresponsive and I had to force it to shut down, and saved file was corrupt.

Thanks
    Try again with your security software disabled - and don't force-close it if it becomes unresponsive.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

Hellno187 (2015-09-03)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You're right mate I was too impatient, when I let it become responsive again, and shut it down, the msinfo32 file was fine thanks. In my defense I tried to let the program snap out of it the first time that occurred and waited around 20 minutes before I got frustrated and forced the shutdown lol. Thanks again.