Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Win10 Insider Preview - updates stuck ... help!

I downloaded and installed win10 at the start of insider preview program. Several of the builds installed ok but 10074 is stuck and neither updates nor builds will download. I get error 0x80240008 every time I click Retry. I've exhausted my pool of knowledge trying everything I could find on ms support but no good. I thought maybe I could download a later build and install that, but even though it installed ok it won't activate because it was a clean install and ms says that's a no-no; even though it updated through 2 later builds it still won't activate. So now I'm stuck with 2 Win10's that neither work properly. These are both installed in Oracle virtual boxes btw.
    Can anyone tell me
    1. how to fix busted updating
    2. how to get 10532 to activate
    Your help would be enormously appreciated.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BatBytes View Post
    I downloaded and installed win10 at the start of insider preview program. Several of the builds installed ok but 10074 is stuck and neither updates nor builds will download. I get error 0x80240008 every time I click Retry. I've exhausted my pool of knowledge trying everything I could find on ms support but no good. I thought maybe I could download a later build and install that, but even though it installed ok it won't activate because it was a clean install and ms says that's a no-no; even though it updated through 2 later builds it still won't activate. So now I'm stuck with 2 Win10's that neither work properly. These are both installed in Oracle virtual boxes btw.
    Can anyone tell me
    1. how to fix busted updating
    2. how to get 10532 to activate
    Your help would be enormously appreciated.
    I think 10074 has expired. I downloaded the RTM and enabled insider builds. 10532 installed with only one hiccup. Hidden updates get installed.