New Lounger
    Thanks

Get rid of win 10 update and get win 7 instead

HELP! How do I stop Windows update from offering the Windows 10 upgrade and give me updates for Win7. I already installed Win 10 and didnít like it. After 1 week of not being able to find anything and hating the new start menu I rolled it back. Whenever I run Windows update all it offers is the Win 10 upgrade. I have already canceled my Win 10 reservation and removed the update that put that Win 10 symbol on my taskbar.

I pride myself on keeping my computer patched but donít intend to reinstall Win 10 ever. How do I get it to offer me just updates for Win 7.

Thanks
    How to get rid of the 'Your upgrade to Windows 10 is ready' lock: http://www.infoworld.com/article/297...ade-towindows-

Once you have removed the KBs in Woody's article you might also want to apply the registry hack in this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351

In particular see the section under "Windows Registry":

"To suppress the offer to upgrade Win7 SP1 or Win8.1 to Win10 through the registry, set the
    following registry values:
    "Subkey: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUp date
    "DWORD value: DisableOSUpgrade = 1"
    If the keys don't exist create them.

Note that there is no space in the "Windows\WindowsUpdate" key (space wrongly added by WSL formatting).
    Last edited by Coochin; 2015-08-29 at 05:09. Reason: correction
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.