Thanks

Can turn off [app] updates on all WIN10 versions now.

I've just seen Woodys Tip about turning win10 updates off. First download Windows Cumulative update KB 3081148,reboot then open Windows Store/Personal Icon/Settings/Turn Apps Update off. Done.
    Last edited by KIWIpeteW; 2015-08-29 at 06:07.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Could you post a link to this? It sounds like this is specific to Universal/Modern/Metro (whatever) apps, not all updates/patches.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I believe this is the original article, which has now been picked up by a bunch of other sites: Windows 10 Home users can now toggle automatic app updates in Windows Store

I don't understand why Woody sees it as a big deal, as it does only apply to store app updates: Windows Store automatic updates can be turned off in all versions of Windows 10

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    I believe this is the original article, which has now been picked up by a bunch of other sites: Windows 10 Home users can now toggle automatic app updates in Windows Store

I don't understand why Woody sees it as a big deal, as it does only apply to store app updates: Windows Store automatic updates can be turned off in all versions of Windows 10
    Maybe because its a step in the right direction, I was wondering what the app store had to do with the big picture of things.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Unless you are on a business machine or a volume license that likely is the only step that will be taken.

Joe

Thanks
    I can not for the life of me fathom a reason to turn off updates. As Spock would say, "It is not logical."

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Came across this article which seems to allow more control given there are some on limited bandwidth allowance, notwithstanding MS's record on troublesome updates.