New Lounger

UPDATE / Iomega Hotburn CDRW / Hotburn

This is an update to the problem I was experiencing with freeze-ups when booting my system.

I am using the Iomega CDRW with Hotburn on a Dell Inspiron 3800 laptop with 128mb RAM running Windows 98.

I cannot properly access my internal CD when Hotburn is installed. It appears as though there is some kind of resource conflict going on between the Iomega CDRW and my internal bay CD drive. I was told by Dell that external devices, such as the Iomega CDRW, which is USB, generally take whatever resources they need regardless of whether any of the computer's internal devices require them. This explains why I had to download a patch for the Hotburn software to even be able to boot without my system pausing for over 5 minutes before continuing to finish booting.

To get access to my CD drive, I have to run the unplug (taskbar icon), unplug the drive, reboot and then wait (5+ minutes) for the system to finish pausing and finally, I am able to access my internal CD drive.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of issue? I need to get this external CDRW to stop hogging resources that my internal devices are already using. It doesn't even look like there's any kind of an option to tell the Hotburn to use different resources. Can someone help me? I need to get this thing running A.S.A.P.

Steve Weber

Silver Lounger
    Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Re: UPDATE / Iomega Hotburn CDRW / Hotburn-MULTI-Re: U

Please refer to the <A target="_blank" HREF= =0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=>IOMEGA Hotburn CDRW / Hotburn</A> thread in this forum for further information.
    Christopher Baldrey