New Lounger
    Thanks

Add/Remove program problem

Hi
    I have a problem removing an entry for a prog called Holmes2 in the add remove progs box. I get the message "This installation can only be removed on the 64 bit version of windows. I am running the 32 bit version. I have tried editing the key in the registry but it just gives the same message when I try to delete it. help would be appreciated.

John

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is it a game or do you work for the Home Office? (Just trying to understand what we're dealing with here.)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    Is it a game or do you work for the home office (Just trying to understand what we're dealing with here.
    No Its a program called Watson Holmes http://smarthomeenergy.co.uk/wattson-solar-plus used for monitoring my solar panel output. I tried to run the prog from what must have been a 64 bit version, i've got the program running OK now but I am just left with this entry in Add Remove progs which I can not get rid of.
    Last edited by RetiredGeek; 2015-08-30 at 11:05. Reason: Added End Quote Tag

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I enclose a screen capture of the relevant registry entry
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks
    A bit of further information, unfortunately the firm managing the software has just gone bust, but I checked my computer and I have two of the setup files for Watson both the same name but slightly different file sizes. so I ran them both in Sandoxie one ran fine the other gave the 64 bit fail message. I've run 64 bit files by mistake in the past but not had this admittedly minor problem.

Thanks
    CCleaner can remove an entry from Add/Remove (Programs and Features). In CCleaner, ckick Tools > Uninstall > select the program and click Remove. http://www.ccleaner.com

Revo Uninstaller can help remove stubborn programs. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just tried them both and both say can only be removed in 64 bit windows. I also tried a restore point and that failed.
    I only reinstalled Win7 on this machine 5 days ago, and have got in running absolutely perfectly, which is why its so annoying, also there should be no legacy problems interfering with it

Thanks
    Then I guess you're only choice is to delete the entry. In CCleaner, ckick Tools > Uninstall, click the program then select Delete.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Then I guess you're only choice is to delete the entry. In CCleaner, ckick Tools > Uninstall, click the program then select Delete.
    Tried that uninstall gives error 5 access is denied Clicking Delete and then clicking OK works but the entry is still there

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This is what cc cleaner saves to txt file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Have you tried Geek Uninstaller?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Brilliant the force removal worked a treat. Many thanks for that I'll use it all the time in future.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Another option for uninstalling programs is Comodo Programs Manager. If you ask it to install and monitor an installation, you can then use it remove every last folder and registry entry as part of the uninstall. I've successfully used it to reinstall (and monitor) a failed uninstall, or one that left traces behind, and after the complete uninstall the second time, every trace was gone. Lovely program, in my mind.