Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Google account questions
2015-08-31, 01:17 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
- Seattle, Washington, USA
- Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Google account questions
Sorry to have to bug everyone here, but sometimes finding the help you need on Google's own site is harder than finding an ALGOL programmer! As the subject implies, I have a few questions relating to Google accounts (every numbered item below isn't a question in itself; a handful of them are necessary background). Maybe the good denizens of the forums can help.
1. I've never had a lot of trust in Google and resisted creating an account for the longest time. Unfortunately, for business marketing purposes I need a business account to manage Google Places. Done and done.
2. I had a YouTube ID since before Google snarfed up YouTube. I don't want this linked to the business account, but somewhere along the line I accidentally clicked on an option that did just that. I thought I was saying I wanted to continue using that as my YouTube ID, but now it shows up as my nickname elsewhere, too.
3. I might need to set up a third account to use in conjunction with an organization of which I'm an officer. This is the only one that would have to use Gmail, which is why I want it to stay separate. I'm still looking to see if there's a better way to accomplish what I need to do.
4. When I try to add an account, Google keeps taking me back to the same page I was on before clicking that link (i.e., if I go to the Google home page and then the Account icon, then select Add Account, it asks me to sign in to add another account -- but I'm already signed in! -- and after typing in my login info again I go right back to the home page). If I instead click on Create Account it gives me the screen to do just that, but without any guidance available on the site (that I can find) I'm afraid that I'm going to unlink something else.
5. I guess this boils own to two questions. Being pointed to a source I haven't found is a more than acceptable response!
a. Can I easily separate the current nickname, I guess it is, from my account without losing all the settings I have in YouTube?
b. Is it safe to simply create two new accounts and not have to worry about losing what's already set up? I know the answer to this one should be obviously yes, but there's something in the process that's giving me the heebie jeebies.
Any help/guidance/reassurance is more than welcome!