Lounger
    Thanks

Don't see significant benefits to Win10 from using win7

Haven't seen anyone pose a question in this context.

Using Win7 with Msi MB, sata and IDE Hd's,8gb ram and Nvideo Gforce Monitor interface.

The monitor driver apparently will not be updated, so to upgrade to Win10 requires a new MB at the gitgo, (Pci and pci-e slots are filled).

Rarely use the computer for more than browsing, email and google phone at times.
    The computer for us is a basic office tool- copying letter writing, etc.,

It appears that we should wait until Win7 is no longer support to make an OS change.

Input and other perspectives will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Personally, I wouldn't update, unless you like the "tablet" interface, in which case you could go to either Windows 8.x or Windows 10.

But if you really like the interface, start button, etc., of Windows 7, I suggest you stay with Windows 7.

If the computer is an office tool for you, then that is a strong case for staying with Windows 7. If you switch to 10, you'll have to learn a new system; and some of your programs might not be compatible with 10.

If everything is working the way you like it, there's no reason to change to anything else.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been asked this same thing numerous times and my answer remains the same. If you are using Win7 now, I can see no compelling reason to upgrade with Win10, unless you have some problems in Win7 that Win10 will fix.

If you are using Win8x and are happy with it, then consider whether Win10 would benefit you or not.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    With your description of how the PC is used I think you should stick with Win7 until you replace the PC. There is no need to rush to get a new machine. Waiting a while will also allow Microsoft to fix some of the rough edges that currently exist in Win10.

Joe

Thanks
    While I like Windows 10 I'd have to agree with the OP, there is no compelling reason to upgrade W7 & up, even if 10 it is free.
    I have absolutely no problem paying full price for an OS, but these ongoing issues with privacy & the downright n00by direction
    MS has taken with Windows Update...leaves a somewhat bitter after taste.
    I don't think we've heard the last on this, and you'd be well within your means to just wait.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.