2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with unknown uploading from my laptop

I am running W8.1 on my laptop: Suddenly my laptop is uploading a large amount of usage every day. Try as I might I cannot find the program(s) that is doing this on the laptop. It happened once before and turned out to be a "cloud" program, which I deleted. But I can't find the program this time. Have checked with Control Panel & the only one I can find that might be "guilty" is Microsoft Silverlight. Can anybody suggest how I might identify the program that is causing the large amount of upload to occur each day please?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Further to the original post: I have run a search of my laptop for any cloud programs. The results appear below:
    cloudsch.PNG
    Don't know if this is relevant or not; but hoping somebody can assist in identifying the problem.
    Is there a program (software) out there that might be able to find the guilty program?
    Last edited by casso; 2015-08-31 at 23:14.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    This article describes a few ways to track your use.
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-ou...th-these-tips/

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Another thing you might try: Task Manager. Task Manager can show you what is eating up CPU resources.

Go to Desktop mode. Right-click on the bottom bar, and choose Start Task Manager. On the Processes tab, click CPU.

This screen will show you how much CPU resources are being used (between 0% and 100%), as well as how much each process is using. By sorting it on CPU, the biggest number will be at the top, and that may, in fact, be the culprit here.

In fact, anytime your computer is inordinately slow, this procedure will likely identify what is slowing everything down.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You could also have a look in Task Scheduler to see if anything has plonked itself in there. http://www.isunshare.com/windows-8/o...scheduler.html