Thread: Table creation

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Table creation

In Word 2013 I am wanting to seek guidance on the procedure of creating a particular table style.
    I am familiar only with 2 methods of creating tables;
    1 (displaying the ruler then) creating little black tabs and;
    2 Going to the 'Insert' tab, and use the 'Table' option.
    The table I still have no idea how to create is the type where the tabs (on the ruler) appear to be little grey boxes and when you hover the mouse over any box, the pointer turns into a double-sided arrow.

The other thing Iím wanting to discover is whether itís possible to delete these boxes?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robko View Post
    In Word 2013 I am wanting to seek guidance on the procedure of creating a particular table style.
    I am familiar only with 2 methods of creating tables;
    1 (displaying the ruler then) creating little black tabs and;
    2 Going to the 'Insert' tab, and use the 'Table' option.
    The table I still have no idea how to create is the type where the tabs (on the ruler) appear to be little grey boxes and when you hover the mouse over any box, the pointer turns into a double-sided arrow.

The other thing I’m wanting to discover is whether it’s possible to delete these boxes?
    Which boxes? Those on the ruler? No, those are to tell you what is happening in your document.

For me, the simplest method to create a table is Insert>Table and use the dropdown to pick a number of rows and columns. Of the two, the columns are more important. This will give you a table as wide as your page with evenly distributed columns. You can then use the mouse to change column width.

Once you are in a table, you have access to the table editing tabs.

Tables in Microsoft Word
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin