Star Lounger
    Thanks

Color settings (IE5.01 SP2)

I only recently found out about the Advanced setting under Tools>Internet Options which can set printing so that colored backgrounds (and graphics) on webpages do not print.

Prior to knowing this, I wanted to print a tutorial from a website which had a strongly colored background and in order to save toner on my printer, I went to Tools>Interent Options>General and clicked on the color button near the bottom. From there I clicked OFF the checkmark against 'Use Windows Colors' and made sure that the background color was set to white and the text color to black. That was all fine and I printed my tutorial without any problems - black text on white background (with graphics included as I wanted them and I didn't know about the alternative setting anyway).

Now I want IE to revert back to the colored web pages I am used to. I went back into the Color setting and replaced the checkmark against Use Windows Colors. Nothing happened. I restarted my computer. Again, no change back to the 'normal view'. Ran the IE Repair tool and restarted the computer - still no change. I am at a loss at what to do next. I don't want to upgrade to 5.5 or 6.0. I am quite happy with 5.01. I just want my web pages back to their colorful best.

I think I have version 5.01 because somewhere I found a table that listed the actual version according to the version listed under the Help>About menu and your operating system. But just to be sure, I run Windows 98 (FE, not SE) and the version of IE stated in the Help menu is 5.00.3314.2101 with the update SP2.

Thanks

Re: Color settings (IE5.01 SP2)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q277008&GSSNB=1>Background Colors or Images Are Not Visible on Web Pages in Internet Explorer (Q277008)</A>

Basically:

Tools > Internet Options > Accessibility
    Click to clear the Ignore colors specified on Web pages

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Color settings (IE5.01 SP2)

Thank you Leif - that did the trick! Funny thing is, I don't remember changing that.