5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit v malwarebytes anti-malware

Hi -

Are these both recommended? I have their anti-malware and was in process of installing Anti-exploit when I got the message 'The folder c:\program files (x86) malwarebytes anit-exploit already exists. Would you like to install to that folder anyway?'

What I see in that folder is their anti-malware. Thus my question.
    (I think I had read that the anit-exploit doesn't go after viruses)

Thanks for the clarification

Thanks
    Anti-Exploit purports to protect from zero day exploits, but it's usefullness depends upon ones degree of paranoia (subjective).
    For me, anti-malware is sufficient.

There is just one other thing that I would pick up that I have found usefull..
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Hello acerfmayer:

The facts, as you have outlined them, would seem to indicate a previous installation of MBAE had already been attempted. Following that, it seems that a subsequent MBAM installation was forced into a non-default directory (MBAE). Even if this was not the case, the developers would still likely be interested in seeing a few passive diagnostics from that system before you proceed.

Please consider opening a topic in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help subforum and make reference to this subforum's topic. Then, please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs to your new topic: Diagnostic Logs.

Your topic will then be initially assessed by a forum helper or Malwarebytes staffer.

As exploit kits are at the top of the most used delivery methods for malware packers and droppers, etc., the inclusion of even the free version of MBAE is an extremely wise choice that establishes considerable protection against all known exploit kits and many other system attacks while using surprisingly few computer resources. Reference: Introducing Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Thank you.
    Last edited by 1PW; 2015-09-03 at 05:08.