Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Secrets email crashes Outlook 2013

Latest email hit inbox this morning. As soon as select it in inbox list Outlook prompts it has failed and will shut down. Eventually go to delete it very quickly before shutdown again.

Same issue trying to delete from Deleted mail.

Definitely an issue with this one email uo to no good.

W10 64bit Outlook 2013

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    It happened to me too, in the first couple attempts. I had to shutdown Outlook which kept trying to recover itself. Once I did that, had no issues with the email.

This is obviously an Outlook issue, not an email issue. Any email client that shuts down with a legitimate message, has a problem.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Hey Y'all,

I had no problem with it on Outlook 2010 running on Win 8.1 Pro.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    It happened to me too, in the first couple attempts. I had to shutdown Outlook which kept trying to recover itself. Once I did that, had no issues with the email.

This is obviously an Outlook issue, not an email issue. Any email client that shuts down with a legitimate message, has a problem.

Have to disagree. Every other message worked fine as have earlier WS emails. Believe it was something unique to this message.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandarin View Post
    Have to disagree. Every other message worked fine as have earlier WS emails. Believe it was something unique to this message.
    If an email program cannot display a message and crashes, who is to blame? No program should crash when displaying a valid message. Yes, it may have been this message that made the program crash, but the crashing in itself shows the program has a bug. If the message is a "bad" one, the program should just inform it can't display it.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    I didn't have any problem with that message either: Windows Secrets Newsletter - Issue 496 - 2015-09-03 "Sorting through the changes in Windows licensing [Newsletter Comp Version]".

Thunderbird 38.2.0 on Win7 Pro x64.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hmm, I've not even received it so far

Thanks
    Obviously, Microsoft, in their rush to push out new Operating Systems, have neglected to fix the problems that have plagued "Outlook" for years.

I have never had any problem receiving ANY email, using Outlook Express, or even Windows Mail.
    I'm using Windows Mail, (re-activated) right now, on Windows 8.1 Pro/32. It just Works!

I set up Windows Mail for my customers, and I never hear any complaints, unless they screw it up themselves by clicking on something they shouldn't.

Cheers mates!
    The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I haven't had any problems with Outlook 2013/2015 crashing, when a Windows Secret email is downloading to my PC. I just had, other issues with Outlook 2013/2015. I am now, using Thunderbird, which is similar to Outlook, without the bloat.