New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows not displaying tool bars and pop up boxes correctly.

Hi everyone,
    Newbie here. I'm having a bit of an issue with my Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop.

It runs Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, 4GB ram, i5 processor.

The issue started when I upgraded to windows 10 (Yip). Windows 10 was working 99% but I had a issue where the touch pad sometimes didn't work so was sluggish. So I decided to roll back to Windows 7. After this was done my laptop wouldn't connect to the internet anymore (Something about the LAN driver not working). So I couldn't figure this out so I took it back to the shop I brought it off and they reinstalled the OS again (and wiped everything I had without a back up in the process!).

So I've spent the last week re installing all my programs and getting it all up and running again.

But here's where it gets weird! On programs like iTunes, Paint, and some of the explorer screens none of the tool bar icons etc are displayed.

Here are some examples

Anyone got any ideas whats causing this? I'll take the laptop back to the store, But I've spent all I can on it at the moment, So if you guys and gals help me fix it for free I will feel so much better

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers advise.

Thanks
    Try Tweaking.com's window Repair All In One:
    http://www.tweaking.com/content/page...ll_in_one.html

Then from an elevated Command Prompt, run
    sfc /scannow

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    Try Tweaking.com's window Repair All In One:
    http://www.tweaking.com/content/page...ll_in_one.html

Then from an elevated Command Prompt, run
    sfc /scannow

Jerry
    Thanks Jerry, I don't think this program actually fixed the problem, But downloading it and follow step one (Full Battery Reset) appear to have fixed the problem. I'm running tweaking right through anyway just to see if it picks up anything else.

First post, with a fast reply that fixed the problem! Great Forum everyone. I hope I'll learn some more secrets from you all in the future

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    ...Then from an elevated Command Prompt, run
    sfc /scannow...
    One of the steps leading up to "Run Repairs" in "Windows Repair" is "sfc/ scannow".

During the past few weeks I am seeing many customers w/ Win7 systems exhibiting strange behaviours since the release of Win10, even though they haven't "reserved" Win10. Overall I suspect that there is something in the more recent Win7 updates (July15 & Aug15) that has caused these problems, but have not been able to pinpoint any cause.

On my main Win7 PC (as in my signature) I have disabled the GWX tasks and added the "DisableOSUpgrade" reg. hack (as detailed in several other threads) and have had no problems since. But on other two of my Win7 systems I have not disabled the GWX tasks or added the reg. hack and have so far seen no problems on those systems.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.