Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Personalise Themes

I would like to know how to set the Themes on the Desktop not to change. Currently these change every few minutes

Thanks
    Have you got a desktop slideshow running? My theme stays the same but because I do have the slideshow, the pictures change regularly (it's what I want).

If not then I too wonder how you get the theme to change as I can't see how to get that behaviour!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. My Theme stays the same, but the pictures change. I think that I need to go to desktop background and set it not to change. I have Windows 10 on my work Desktop so will have to test tomorrow

Thanks
    Just realised that my Win 10 PC doesn't have the slideshow! That's the problem with having a Win 8 PC which remote connects to my Win 10 PC - I get confused which one I'm on. So to get the slideshow on my 10 PC I had to right click on the desktop, click on personalise, then make sure you are on background on the left. You undoubtedly have slideshow selected - just change it to picture or colour as desired. You may well have to navigate to the picture you want. It's slightly different to 8.1 for choosing pictures.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    You may well have to navigate to the picture you want. It's slightly different to 8.1 for choosing pictures.
    Which begs the question, is it easy to navigate to the theme pictures, wherever they are and select just one of those? It's so easy in Win 7 but I didn't see a good way the little I messed with Win 10. There were a few defaults to pick from but none in my theme.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.N. downtown View Post
    Which begs the question, is it easy to navigate to the theme pictures, wherever they are and select just one of those? It's so easy in Win 7 but I didn't see a good way the little I messed with Win 10. There were a few defaults to pick from but none in my theme.
    IRRC, when you first Personalize, you have the option for Picture, Color, Slideshow (that may not be the correct order). If Picture is chosen, a small selection of default pictures is offered. I don't recall "Browse" being offered. However, if Slideshow is selected, "Browse" is offered, and one can then navigate via Explorer to find your personal choices.

Once a slideshow is started, go back to Personalize, select Picture, and this time "Browse" is offered, and will be offered from that point forward. I'm going from memory here, but give that a go to see if it gets you to where you want to be.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    bbearen, that's probably why I have browse for the picture - I don't remember if it was there when I first went, but it is now. As far as I can see you select a folder rather than individual pictures for the slideshow. So I've got a folder called - um, slideshow and have copied the pics I want into there. It does seem better than 8.1 for this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    bbearen, that's probably why I have browse for the picture - I don't remember if it was there when I first went, but it is now. As far as I can see you select a folder rather than individual pictures for the slideshow. So I've got a folder called - um, slideshow and have copied the pics I want into there. It does seem better than 8.1 for this.
    I also have a folder named Slideshow, and subfolders within that folder with collections of pictures and named for the general theme of the pictures, "Beaches and Sunsets" and the like. Once you have selected a slideshow folder, you can go from Background to Themes > Theme Settings and your slideshow will show as an unsaved theme. You can click on Save theme on the right, give it a name and save it.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbearren For This Useful Post:

DesertGuy (2015-09-04)