New Lounger
    Thanks

Delete produces empty record (Access 2000)

When I delete a record in my access 2k mdb it only deletes the info in the record, but leaves an empty record. If I have 523 records, then delete one it still shows 523 records, when I look at the extra one it is just a blank form awaiting data entry. this is a fairly new development, it just started hapening recently and I haven't added any code, so I don't understand what's up. Once in a while it shows the word #DELETED in each field until I requery, then it still does the same as stated above. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks - in - Advance,
    Michael

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delete produces empty record (Access 2000)

Does this happen while you're in a form? If so, is the form's Record Source coming from a Query or Table?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, this happens from a form & the form is based on a table.
    Thanks,
    Michael

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you move back to the previous record, does it still show the same number of total records? When you are in the new record (that is, one that hasn't been saved yet and that may be empty), you normally see that number that includes that unsaved record.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, as a matter of fact I currently have seven empty records. It keeps the same # unless I add more i.e. when I have seven empty records and add eight then the # shown would increase by one. - Thanks for helping , Michael

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Well, one thing is sure: You don't have a primary key set in your table or it wouldn't allow you to keep empty records. You're going to have to tell us more about the way your application works and about *how* you're deleting records. Are you selecting the record and then hitting the Del key, do you have a button for it, are you right clicking it, or what.
    Charlotte