New Lounger
    Thanks

Unsuccessful refresh

When trying to run refresh on a w8.1, after a time it stops with a message saying that it cant continue because there is an error
    How to fix/ diagnose/ the error?
    Thnx

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zikmoshe View Post
    When trying to run refresh on a w8.1, after a time it stops with a message saying that it cant continue because there is an error
    Thnx
    I don't have the solution as the exact contents of the error message are not known. It could be most anything. I will say that if it can't be refreshed it may be necessary to do a factory restore which usually causes loss of everything on the computer when it gets put back to its as-shipped condition, the day you got it new, so be sure to back up anything you created or that exists nowhere else if possible.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zikmoshe View Post
    Thnx
    Maybe you could create a new Refresh.wim. I know that you get "some files are missing" message when trying to refresh with a invalid Refresh.wim so this is a stab in the dark. You do this by right clicking bottom left icon and opening a Command Prompt (admin) then print " mkdir C:\RefreshImage " without the quotes Then Hit enter,then print,
    " recimg -CreateImage C:/RefreshImage " Then Hit enter
    You can then Refresh your PC (maybe) Good luck.
    Pete.