New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Mail Merge Directory Section on each page

Hi,

I am using the Catalogue Mailmerge tutorial to Merge Records by Category using two Keys and need to get the two categories/keys to print at the top of each page along with a page break when Key 1 changes. The data for Category 1 is several pages long.
    the field I am using for Category / Key 2 (Question 1 below) stays changes less than the Category 1 / key 1 (North America - Postive below). I need these to print in the order below with Key 1 first and key showing 2nd.

- Currently this is happening
    -- Category 1 (Key1) and Key2 are printing on the first page,
    -- nothing on the 2nd + page(s) for key 1
    -- and then only Category 1 (Key 1, South America - Positive) on the new page. Key 2 (question 1) is not on the new page. Both Categories/Keys print when both Categories change
    -- When both Categories (key 1 & 2) change, then both are print on the new page.

Sample:
    North America - Positive (all pages 1-2+)
    Question 1

name, score, comment
    name, score, comment

------new page--------

South America - Positive
    Question 1

name, score, comment
    name, score, comment

----- new page -----
    North America - Negative
    Question 2

name, score, comment

Sorry, I do not know how to get you my code other than a picture, hopefully you can see it. But i am following the guidance in the tutorial.
    code.jpg

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    It would be easier to diagnose & resolve your issues if you attached both the actual mailmerge mail document and some sample data (obfuscate anything sensitive), plus another document showing the desired output. You can attach files via the paperclip symbol on the Advanced posting screen.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The Word and Excel data files are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    It seems you want each group's heading to repeat on however many pages that group's records span. That isn't how these merges ordinarily work and getting them to do so would require either:
    (a) every record for every group to span the same vertical height on the page; or
    (b) revising the document layout so those headings can become part of the page header (not something directory merges support),
    plus a fair bit more work with the field coding to implement.

An alternative might be to replace the fields coded as {QUOTE 12} with 'Next Page' Section breaks, with the second section's header unlinked from the first, then move the group headings into their respective Section headers post-merge.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]