Lounger
    Thanks

Black Screen problem

Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop L655 I think it's the European version

last time I was watching a video and all sudden a colored vertical lines

appeared followed but black screen while the power still on

turned off, then tested hard + ram, seems they work just fine

did hard reset holding for 60 seconds same issue.

I hooked up to external monitor and I don't see any picture there.

But what is wired is that, when I turn on the laptop it doesn't it boot to the windows, because as I hit the button it shuts it off without pressing for a while !

what are the possibilities?
    Last edited by fadi19; 2015-09-04 at 21:57.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you had gotten an output on the external monitor, that would have pointed to the laptop screen and would need replacing, but as there's nothing at all, then that would suggest the video chip.

Can you boot up into the Advanced Boot options by tapping F8 as you switch on or the BIOS (Set up) by tapping F2 as you switch on ?

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    If you had gotten an output on the external monitor, that would have pointed to the laptop screen and would need replacing, but as there's nothing at all, then that would suggest the video chip.

Can you boot up into the Advanced Boot options by tapping F8 as you switch on or the BIOS (Set up) by tapping F2 as you switch on ?
    I get nothing on the external screen, although I have noticed the Toshiba logo appeared once and that's it

Otherwise I cannot access a single thing BIOS of Advanced options

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    When updating to Win 10 did you create the bootable ISO disk/Flash to see if it will boot up with that ?

Not sure if F12 will work to allow you to change the boot order for that though - I have mine pre-set to boot from DVD and USB before the HDD as a safeguard against not being able to get in normally.

If that doesn't work and without any help forthcoming from the more experienced guys, I would have to suggest taking it in to a repair shop to have the motherboard checked out.