Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    665
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Win10 Telemetry passed on to Win7 and Win8

    Linking to the Slashdot article where I got this one. At least there's still a reason to continue running XP.

    http://yro.slashdot.org/story/15/09/...etry-rolls-out

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Durham UK
    Posts
    6,634
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 883 Times in 844 Posts
    You just uninstall them if installed and then right click on them when next offered and select Hide and then quite happily stay with Win 7 or whatever.

  3. #3
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    665
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
    Hopefully it will be that simple Sudo. That said, 99.9% of folk won't know to do this. What features will M$ disallow should these updates get disabled? Going to be interesting.

  4. #4
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The slashdot.org link above refers to the following Gordon Kelly news article which includes detailed instructions on how to uninstall and hide the relevant Windows Update patches in Windows 7 and 8.1.

    Windows 10 Worst Feature Now Installing On Windows 7 And Windows 8
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...and-windows-8/

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Durham UK
    Posts
    6,634
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 883 Times in 844 Posts
    Those 99.9% may not even be aware of what the updates are for and will blissfully go on with their lives instead of getting grey hairs like the remaining 0.1% of us

  6. #6
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Update: as per macropod, these Windows Update patches only affect those who opted in to the MS Customer Experience Improvement Program, who already share information with Microsoft.

    So, maybe not 99.9% are affected but more like 5% or 10%.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •