New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 Splash and Start Screens

I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to 10. I now have four splash and/or startup screens, which seem to be entirely too many.

At the beginning, there's the blue window on a charcoal screen, which appears to do nothing; then comes the spinning circles, which I guess are supposed to have some entertainment value; then appears the time and date with a picture screen, which is nice, but unnecessary; and finally, the login screen.

My question: Is there a way to kill most of those off, or at least combine maybe the time/date screen and the login screen and kill off the first two? Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think all you can do is disable the time/date lock screen: How to Disable the Lock Screen in Windows 10

New Lounger
    Thanks

No Go

Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    I think all you can do is disable the time/date lock screen: How to Disable the Lock Screen in Windows 10
    Unfortunately, it didn't work. It's as if I didn't enter anything in Regedit. I did check to make sure I'd done everything right, but no go. There has to be a solution somewhere that works, eh?