New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 10 upgrade (as did Win 8) stops at "Sonic Studio DLA" must be uninstalled

My Win 10 upgrade (as also happened with the Win 8 upgrade) stops because it says I must uninstall "Sonic Studio DLA". Unfortunately, I have forgotten which of my programs has Sonic Studio DLA buried within it. There is no Sonic Studio or Roxio program on my computer to remove. I have searched my Registry for "Sonic", "Roxio", and "Sonic Studio" but nothing shows up in the registry except some entries for "Sonic Wall". I found two registry items with Sonic and DLA, deleted them, but couldn't figure out what programs they were buried in. I re-ran Win 10 upgrade, but still get the error message.

I have on my computer the Adobe CC products, Video LAN, Power 2 Go, and various other audio programs.

Does anyone have recommendations how I can find "Sonic Studio DLA" within whichever program so that I can uninstall it and proceed with the Win 10 upgrade?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi
    This may help not had the problem so I've not tried it it but a quick google brought this up

http://www.pcrpr.com/uninstall-sonic-studio-dla.php

Kev

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had found that, but it is a different problem. The 'fix' did not apply to my situation, nor did it give a clue to the possible solution.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    See if ssdiag.exe helps.

Joe