3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Distribution Lists

Is there any way to print out the members of a distribution list, or even export it to word/excel so that it can be administered. The list is too long to edit easily in the Outlook dialog.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Distribution Lists

It's not pretty, but it gets it printed:

1- Start a new note and click on To

2- Find the distribution list and right click on it and in the pop up menu select properties

3- In the dialog box, select all of the names in the DL and click on the "To" button

4- When it asks if you want to send the note to the selected people, click "Yes"

5- CLick the OK button to return the the note with the names in the "To" line

You could just print the note now with the names in the "To" line, but if the list is long they are probably not all displayed. So, select all of the names in the "To" line and paset them into a Word, Wordpad, Excel, or whatever your favorite place is and print them from there.
    Legare Coleman

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

smart, even better than the solution we came up with in the office. we went into Exchange Admin and modified the group, then pasted it into notepad. Advantage of your method is that i dont need to leave my seat!!
    thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

One more way-use ondl.exe from the BORK-it is a command line tool, but very easy to usendl dlname>dlname.txt will get you a nicely formatted list. I use it a lot.