Thanks

WIN 10 Reset (keep my files option) wiped more then WIN 8.1 Refresh.

I have done a reset (keep my files option) with WIN 10 because my laptop has been running badly ever since upgrading to WIN 10. Its up and running good now but it wiped far more than I expected and my problem is I am trying to open a Macrium Reflect Image on my external drive to see how it all looked before and I don't know what app to install to open it.
    On WIN 8.1 refresh it was nothing like this as it left far more in place and I have been caught out a bit by not knowing the names of the windows apps that open programs.
    The screen shot shows where I get up to but if I go into "look for a app in store" or "find a app in my PC" options I really don't know what I'm looking for.I know what opens photos, videos etc but I'm stuck on how to open the Macrium files. I have the "Windows old" files which I will keep for now but they don't seem of much help.Screenshot (2).png

Thanks
    If you're attempting to open a MR image then you'll need to do so from the MR program, and not by looking
    in a Windows store application. MR has to be installed, so point to it.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    If you're attempting to open a MR image then you'll need to do so from the MR program, and not by looking
    in a Windows store application. MR has to be installed, so point to it.
    No luck with that because I get a "User Account Control" box and when I hit yes nothing happens. Before the reset all I ever did was double tap and the MR image would open. I just assumed it was a windows app that opens it. The first thing I done after the Reset was reinstall all my main apps like MR. Nothing else is miss behaving.Screenshot (5).png
    Update......Ive read your post again and I think I see what you are meaning, but these are Images I made already and are on my External drive and I want to open them.I have never opened them from inside MR before.This is a easy one but not for dumb old me. Thanks Pete.
    Last edited by KIWIpeteW; 2015-09-13 at 15:38.

Thanks
    Is it normal that after a WIN 10 reset (not clean install option) or WIN 8.1 refresh your Programs and Features is completely empty.The few listed in my "removed applications" is only a fraction of what I had. I'm OK with this as I know how to download the apps and it may have been a app causing my laptop to run so badly because the problem would soon come back after rolling back "Restore Point" and "Scannow", but I but trying to work out if the reset went wrong in some way.As I say its running OK now apart from these issues.
    Also in the screen shot from "Apps and Features" it shows that Chrome and MR are "Unavailable"and then "Uninstall" if I click on them but they are installed and available. I thought a reset would take this away but it didn't. This isn't a problem but messy. Any ideas. Thanks Pete.
    If I am able to open the MR Images I will be happy.

Update....I found all my old apps/programs in the download folder so that's good as I am in no hurry to open a MR Image now, but the problem remains.
    Last edited by KIWIpeteW; 2015-09-13 at 17:30.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Pete,

1. Open Macrium
    2. Select the Restore Tab
    3. Click the Browse for Image link
    4. Find your desired Image using the Select an image file dialog
    5. Click the Open Button
    6. The image should now show in the right hand window:
      petemr1.JPG
    7. Click the Browse Image link
    8. Check the Partition/Disk you want to browse
    9. Click OK
      petemr2.JPG
    10. MR will assign a drive letter and open a File Explorer Window
    11. Navigate like it was a regular drive
    12. When you're done remember to Detach the Image

petemr3.JPG

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

CLiNT (2015-09-14),KIWIpeteW (2015-09-13)

Thanks
    Thanks for that,now I know how to use MR properly. Mysterious how I have always just double tapped it in my I:drive to view it but never mind that. I think CLiNT was right but I just needed that extra guiding with the screen shots.The world is good again. Thanks Pete.