2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Not view all the tiles on the Start menu in Desktop mode

Hi

When Windows 10 is in Desktop mode, how I do not view all the tiles on the Start menu?

Thanks

Bye

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balubeto View Post
    Hi

When Windows 10 is in Desktop mode, how I do not view all the tiles on the Start menu?

Thanks

Bye
    Right-click each tile one at a time and select "Unpin from start" until those that you don't want to see are all gone.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    Right-click each tile one at a time and select "Unpin from start" until those that you don't want to see are all gone.
    If I do this, when I will pass in Tablet mode, on the start screen, I'll have still all the tiles or I'll have an empty screen?

How do I avoid finding the empty Start screen when I will pass in Tablet mode?

Thanks

Bye

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Try unpinning one or two. Then switch to tablet mode and see if they are there or not.

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Install startisback++. You have the regular old Win 7 type menu when you press the start button. In that menu is a link for the Start Screen, click it and you have your app icons show as a popup within your normal menues. The next time you use the Start Button your old familiar menues are back. Lots of customization available for $2.99 at www.startisback.com. Startisback is a tiny program, installs in seconds.

I used it on my Windows 8.1 machines and got the free upgrade of the program for Windows 10. Windows 10 doesn't need it as badly as 8 and 8.1, but it is still familiar and user friendly. If you want it on multiple machines the price is even less per machine. You can also use a fully functional version for free for 30 days. If you like it you buy it and get the license key. Here are some screenshots of the two menues.
    Ashampoo_Snap_2015.09.14_13h00m49s_003_.png
    Ashampoo_Snap_2015.09.14_13h04m04s_004_.png

Thanks
    Start is Back will take you back to the horrible Windows 7 Start menu. I advise against it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
    Start is Back will take you back to the horrible Windows 7 Start menu. I advise against it.
    It is said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all have our own reasons for doing the things that we do. Many of us quite like the Windows 7 Start Menu. If you don't like it, that's fine as well.

I also use StartIsBack++ in Windows 10. I'm quite comfortable with and much prefer the Windows 7 Style Menu. Most everything is still right where I expect it to be. I use StartIsBack+ in Windows 8.1 Pro, and used the original StartIsBack in Windows 8. I've been well satisfied with all versions.

It would seem that if the Windows 7 style menu was universally horrible, StartIsBack, StartIsBack+ and StartIsBack++ would not have enough market to stay in business. Apparently there are enough of us who prefer it that it remains available for purchase and is a viable business model.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I have installed Classic Shell for many customers w/o any problems (Win8/8.1 computers), and have Classic Shell on my Win10 laptop.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    There is no need for 3rd Party start things w/ Win10. Some thought they were wanted w/ 8.1 but, that's cus it had no Start menu. It irony here is Win7, 8.1 AND, especially,10 can all be used very nicely w/out using (opening) the Start menu, even if one exists or not, lol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    There is no need for 3rd Party start things w/ Win10. Some thought they were wanted w/ 8.1 but, that's cus it had no Start menu. It irony here is Win7, 8.1 AND, especially,10 can all be used very nicely w/out using (opening) the Start menu, even if one exists or not, lol.
    Don't start that again.

We all have our reasons for doing the things that we do, and no one is beholden to anyone else's view of how things should be.

Unleash Windows