Lounger
    Thanks

How to get Recent Folders to quick access menu in Windows 10 with clean install

On my desktop machine, which is a Windows 10 upgrade over Windows 7, I was able to get "Recent Folders" to the quick access menu by following the trail C>users>username>links and then right click on Recent Folders to pin to quick access. On my new laptop, which is a Windows 10 clean install from the factory, following the same trail c>users>username>links the only folders found are desktop and downloads. Doing a search of the C drive doesn't yield anything called recent folders. Where is the "Recent Folders" folder on the clean install?

How do I create a recent folders on the laptop, and make it function of course?

I have also made the registry changes on the desktop so that recent folders appears in the save as dialogue box. But without a recent folders at all on the laptop of course I don't think this could work.

There must be a registry hack that can be made to activate recent folders on the laptop. Anyone have any ideas?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    shell:::{22877a6d-37a1-461a-91b0-dbda5aaebc99}

See Part 3 of Post #4 in this thread: File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

pomeranced (2015-09-17)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much. The Shell part is what I needed to wake up the folder.

Lounger
    Thanks
    If you don't mind me asking, I've been coding since Assembler on 360/370, so I have some experience, but how does one learn about registry hacks and things like your shell up above? What type of experience must you have to learn how to do that stuff?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    At the risk of destroying the mystique .......... I did a Bing search on "windows 10 recent folders".