Lurker
    Thanks

YouTube ads brought me malware

Here's my problem, Seriously.. Now WE have to watch a 20 second commercial before we can play a video on YOUTUBE and then we need to constantly close out popup ads while the video is running. But, last day I click the ads accidentally, and now i have to pay for that mistake. I get a malware called Blazer Deals, which i was told by this article (ps: i did a google "what is Blazer Deals" and found that) So, the problem is i cannot uninstall Blazer Deals!!! Anyone here can give me some suggestions?? Thanks a lot!!!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rgrosz For This Useful Post:

robertpri (2015-09-19)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrosz View Post
    Wow-talk about timely! I began getting those blazer deals just recently. Thanks!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The Internet is fast becoming the Inter-ghetto-net.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    So how does one protect themselves from malware like this when watching YouTube or visiting other sites?
    Either the OWNER of the video or YouTube should be held liable. This is "malicious vandalism"!

I wonder what Windows Secrets and other experts in the field have to say about this.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    why does anyone want to watch amateur video on utoob
    more so now that they have ads and inflict malware

just say no and dont go there

Quote Originally Posted by Seecc View Post
    Here's my problem, Seriously.. Now WE have to watch a 20 second commercial before we can play a video on YOUTUBE and then we need to constantly close out popup ads while the video is running. But, last day I click the ads accidentally, and now i have to pay for that mistake. I get a malware called Blazer Deals, which i was told by this article (ps: i did a google "what is Blazer Deals" and found that) So, the problem is i cannot uninstall Blazer Deals!!! Anyone here can give me some suggestions?? Thanks a lot!!!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by winshoeLG View Post
    So how does one protect themselves from malware like this when watching YouTube or visiting other sites?
    Either the OWNER of the video or YouTube should be held liable. This is "malicious vandalism"!

I wonder what Windows Secrets and other experts in the field have to say about this.
    Watch alternative video channels than Google's Youtube. Though some of them will undoubtedly follow suit.