New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 Cold Boot

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 w/UEFI. I have read all I can find about changing UEFI settings to enable me to boot from the recovery USB I created within Windows 10 tools. The last article, I think by Fred, tells how to make UEFI changes from within Windows to enable booting from the USB; and then says to reset all the UEFI settings to original, i.e. Fast Boot, CSM Boot, Secure Boot, etc. I have tested the changed settings and it works. However, after I have reset everything to original and in the future have a computer that won't boot into Windows, how do I access the UEFI settings to enable me to boot from USB? I must be missing something, probably a disconnect between my brain and my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Why would you not be able to access the UEFI settings? They are part of the computer BIOS which you access by pressing Del/F11 on power on.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    You should also be able to access the Boot Menu (usually by pressing Esc or F10 on power on) and choose which device to boot from for this boot only.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    You should also be able to access the Boot Menu (usually by pressing Esc or F10 on power on) and choose which device to boot from for this boot only.
    Often it is F12 to show the Boot Selection menu.