Thanks

How do I set Gmail icon in taskbar?

I have always had a Gmail icon in my taskbar on my laptop which was running WIN 8.1 and now running WIN 10 and when I open Gmail that way it is in a window which isn't on my Chrome Browser and I really enjoy it that way. Recently it disappeared and and I got it back (more then once) but I can't remember how I done it.
    What I thought I done was right click on the Inbox word (or Gmail Icon in Google Apps) then clicked on "open link in new window" but that only does the same as "open link in new tab". I just can't find the fix again and I have search high and low. This happened when on 8.1 and I fixed it by winding back to a safe restore point. When the shop set the laptop up when I bought it, I would close the Gmail App and the Icon would stay in the taskbar. But now if I close it , it disappears.
    So what I want is my Gmail Icon in my Taskbar with it opening in a non browser window. Thanks Pete.

Thanks

Have Gmail Icon back in Taskbar BUT.....

I have managed to put the Gmail Icon in the taskbar using Internet Explorer which I don't use as a rule..... What I done was load IE then drag the https address bar to the Desktop then open that Icon which will open Gmail in a new window....... Next I right click on the Gmail Icon in the top left corner and clicked on "Add as a homepage" which gets the Gmail Icon in the Taskbar..... So what I'm thinking is I need to do this same thing but in Chrome Browser..... Maybe this makes my queston a bit clearer. Thanks. Pete.
    The problem with the way it is now is that the Icon will disappear when I close it and it takes ages to load again. Before it would stay in the taskbar but with no line under it and load very fast.
    Last edited by KIWIpeteW; 2015-09-19 at 20:28.

Thanks

I have Gmail how I like it again.

Open Gmail Inbox in Chrome Browser /Settings / More Tools / Add to taskbar / Add / Start Icon / Right click on Gmail under recently added / Run as Administrator /Done. I now have my Gmail Icon back in the Taskbar which opens a Desktop Gmail window.