New Lounger
    Thanks

Clean Installation

Ihave two Dell computers: a PC and a laptop. Both were installed withWindows 7. I upgraded both to Windows 10 and both worked fine. Forthe sake of safety, I did a backup of both with System Image.Afterwards I made, on both computers, a Windows 10 CleanInstallation. With the laptop there were no problems but in the PC,after the installation, and at the beginning of the updates, itcrashes to a blue or black screen. I tried the clean installationseveral times and always it ended with the same failure. Then I hadno choice: I recover from the system image backup the originalWindows 10 upgraded from windows 7 that works fine. As said beforein the laptop there are no problems until now.
    Anyideas on what can be the problem with the clean installation?

Thanks
    During the Windows Updates, is it possible to do a few at a time? Or, does Windows 10 force user to do 'em at one sitting? I ask because I'm a Windows 3.1 - Windows 7 Pro person.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    In windows 10 the updates are performed automatically. We cannot control it.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
    During the Windows Updates, is it possible to do a few at a time? Or, does Windows 10 force user to do 'em at one sitting? I ask because I'm a Windows 3.1 - Windows 7 Pro person.
    They are incremental & the User does not have to do them... one of the nice things about the Windows 10 Platform vs the past is Windows looks after them itself. The End User does not have to do anything or concern themselves.

Thanks
    When Microsoft Windows controls everything, nothing can go wrong, nothing can wrong, can go wrong, <whirrrr...clunk...BSOD>
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    They are incremental & the User does not have to do them... one of the nice things about the Windows 10 Platform vs the past is Windows looks after them itself. The End User does not have to do anything or concern themselves.
    Except when things go wrong. See http://www.askwoody.com/2015/windows...or-0x80004005/

When Windows Update gets an error, it will keep trying sort of like running instant replay and expecting different results. There is no way of stopping it short of delaying all updates in the Pro version. This error drove me nuts for a couple of days until I found the aforementioned link which contains a fix.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    ..When Windows Update gets an error, it will keep trying sort of like running instant replay and expecting different results. ..
    LOL - I've heard that as the classic definition of INSANITY!

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BurlIves View Post
    LOL - I've heard that as the classic definition of INSANITY!

Albert Einstein Definition of Insanity

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein