Updated Lenovo laptop to Windows 10 at the end of August. Each week since then i keep finding new annoyances; a couple of things that were OK but now don't work as they should, and these usually occur after Windows Update has installed the latest update(s). After trying to resolve new glitches every week, i've had my fill. Latest annoyance - an update "broke" the carefully adjusted touchpad so now it jitters and jumps around. i can adjust the touchpad's sensitivity all over again, but - arghh! - this is the seventh broken feature since installing Windows 10. So, last night i used the latest Windows Secrets newsletter tip to make a Windows 10 USB recovery drive, created a System Image backup of Win 10 and then used a Macrium Reflect bootable rescue disk to restore Windows 8.1 from a System Image stored on a portable hard drive (WD My Passport Ultra 2TB SATA III with USB connector cable). This morning everything that was troublesome or broken is now working and all is right with the world ....
Maybe in six months or so i'll try Windows 10 again and see if they've got their act together.