Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Event ID 10010

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Event ID 10010

Please assist with the following event error ID 10010 as attached.
    Have been receiving this for a long time, but ignored it, so was wondering
    if this was something serious.
    Many thanks.

10010.png

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Google brings up a number of links for this, but does MS give any more info on it when you click on the blue online help link as it's specific to that key ?

What version of Windows are you using ?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Using Windows 7 Pro X32.
    The blue online help gives me nothing.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Has Reliability history recorded anything for any of the dates Event Viewer has this ?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Sudo, thanks for the info. about reliability, never knew this existed as it is quite well hidden.
    No history recorded for any of the dates. This appears whenever my PC is started.

I ran sfc/scannow which shows some corrupt files found but unable to fix all of them.
    How do I fix these, as I am not sure if this has something to do with the original problem?
    Regards
    Dave

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's possible that an offboot sfc /scannow could replace the corrupt files.

For this, your Win 7 install disk would need to include SP1 and this article will run you through that. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ompt-boot.html

It does seem to leave a couple of bits out though.

You will need to change the Boot order to boot from the disk drive before the HDD and there's two ways you can do this -

1. is to boot up into Set up (BIOS) which is done by tapping F2 as you switch on - usually, but check which key is for this which you will see as you boot up then using the cursor keys, navigate to Boot, highlight the disk drive (could be ODD) and use F5 or F6 to move to the top.

This way your computer will always check the disk drive first before the HDD - so don't go leaving a disk in there

I have my laptops set this way should I need to boot with a repair disk or whatever and cannot get in any other way.

2. is to tap F12 as you switch on and again, the key for this will be momentarily displayed as you boot up normally.

This is a one off boot order change which will revert to a normal boot on the next restart - again, you highlight the media you are using.

In either case, insert the disk before saving the changes in the BIOS or F12 and when it reboots, it will boot from the disk.

After it has booted from the disk, you will be presented with an inverse window with the top item of Windows Setup (EMS Enabled) highlighted - just press enter and then follow the steps in the article.

If the .dll files for whatever DCOM is trying to activate are corrupt, then those files could be what sfc is unable to repair, but you can find what those are by entering this command at the admin command prompt -

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will put an icon onto the Desktop which will open the CBS Log in Notepad which you can then copy & paste and post.

This is a cut down version of the log where it tells you what it was and was unable to repair.

If that command doesn't work, then you can right click on the CBS log and Send to Documents where again you can open it in Notepad.

This will be the full version which you have to trawl though the preliminary bumf to get to the nitty gritty of the log.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Sudo,
    I will study this carefully and give it a go.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Sorry about the Reliability history bit, I normally add how to access that.

I access it by going Start and then start to type reliability until View Reliability history is highlighted and then just press enter - but good luck with the offboot sfc.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    sfcdetails.txt

Hi Sudo, this does not mean much to me, can you please assist?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    They relate to the Opera browser which aren't system files so the offboot sfc wouldn't be able to do anything with them.

Not sure if reinstalling Opera would have any effect on those, or whether it is a glitch of sfc that it is snagging them - but perhaps they could be the cause of the DCOM event errors.

One way to check would be to uninstall Opera and then see if you still get the DCOM events in Event Viewer.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo, I don't have Opera installed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Don't know why it's referencing Opera then.

This is what I've initially found but will need to do some more digging as to why you could have this installed.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229858.aspx

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Came across this article where one section may have some bearing but I'm not familiar with this Browser Register program.

http://www.asp.net/whitepapers/aspnet4/breaking-changes

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I also Have no idea about the Browser Register.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Do you have it listed in Programs and Features ?

Going back to that first MS link, it almost looks like a MS embedded program but I've never come across it in my Win7 x64 HP.

I've also noticed in numerous Google links that .NET Framework is mentioned, so a problem with that could be a cause, but I think you would get a different error message.

You could try running the .NET Framework Repair Tool to see if that has any effect.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=30135
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-09-21 at 12:54.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast