5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Searching for a Favorite?

Over the years, I have accumulated a large number of Favorites in IE. Sometime, I can remember that I have one on a particular subject, or a one by a particular person, but I cannot remember where it is. Does anyone know if there is a way to search the Favorites to find a specific Favorite? Any insight that anyone would care to share will be greatly appreciated.

Ron M

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    56 views and no one has any ideas? That's a first for me.

Ron M

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ron,

Part of the problem might be that nobody I know uses IE...

I know for certain that you can search your bookmarks in Firefox.

BTW, bookmarks are the same thing as favorites; Micro$oft just invented a new word for bookmarks when they finally came to the Internet (Explorer) party.
    Eike J Heinze
    What I am about
    SE Wisconsin

Thanks
    I don't use IE but prefer FF. In the latter you can click (under menu item 'bookmarks') the link 'show all history'. Top right is a search box.

So I looked in IE (v11) and clicked on the star at top right and there are your favourites (but spelt wrong ). There are three tabs - click on the third (history) and then the drop down 'view by date'. there's a number of options, including search history. Try that.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eikelein View Post
    Ron,

Part of the problem might be that nobody I know uses IE...

I know for certain that you can search your bookmarks in Firefox.

BTW, bookmarks are the same thing as favorites; Micro$oft just invented a new word for bookmarks when they finally came to the Internet (Explorer) party.
    I don't use FF because, in my opinion, it does not handle my Favorites/Bookmarks as nicely as IE. For some reason, I find it the way that FF handles them very confusing. There are a lot of folks here using IE , to judge by the posts, maybe they haven't had the requirement I have, and then again, maybe you cannot do what I want to do in IE.

Ron M

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    I don't use IE but prefer FF. In the latter you can click (under menu item 'bookmarks') the link 'show all history'. Top right is a search box.

So I looked in IE (v11) and clicked on the star at top right and there are your favourites (but spelt wrong ). There are three tabs - click on the third (history) and then the drop down 'view by date'. there's a number of options, including search history. Try that.
    access-mdb, I tried your suggestion, but it is not what I am looking to do. I want to be able to search my Favorites to find one that I know is among them, but I have forgotten where it is - that's all. I am beginning to believe that maybe it is not something that can be done.

Ron M

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can search your Favorites folder quite quickly and easily from File Explorer.

It really should be available from within IE, but I don't think it has ever been so.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    You can search your Favorites folder quite quickly and easily from File Explorer.

It really should be available from within IE, but I don't think it has ever been so.
    YES! Absolutely brilliant! Thank you for the idea.

You are also right in that this capability has, to my knowledge after searching around a bit, never been available, at least not so that I have been able to determine.

Ron M