Banned Member
    Thanks

Edge (Ah, how sweet it is... sigh, smile)

W/out going into reasons why... earlier was working w/ this forum in IE. Remembering there was no need for that, switched to Edge. Oh my, in a scenario like that sure instantly notice how much better & nicer Edge is!! Many times faster & much, much, smoother & 'snappier'. The different is huge & blatant and so easy to see when switching abruptly. If it wasn't for doing things under 2 different sign-in accounts, wouldn't use IE, @ all.

See you can use Edge under one account & IE under another @ the same time in the same machine whether in the same Desktop or not.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    IMHO Edge has taken a big step backwards for something I, and a lot of other people do - downloading files from links. In I.E., all you had to do is right-click the file and use Save target As. With Edge, that's impossible - you have to open the file first, then save. Lame, lame, lame. What if you want to download an executable file???
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Please, give a specific example. Myself, I have found no problems downloading anything from w/in Edge. And I use Edge for everything. Mainly because its performance is so vastly superior to IE; apparently to other browsers, as well.

Exception is IE for MS Tech sites for which I have to sign-in w/ a different MS Acc't. (it's a long story, lol)
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-09-21 at 07:26.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    I gave you a specific example already... Not only that, it's a well-documented complaint.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I will NOT use Edge as my primary browser until it supports extensions.

Joe

Thanks
    I'm sticking with IE 11 and Chrome. Personally, I didn't care for EDGE at all, not to say that it won't be better in the future. Just my opinion.

Thanks
    IE 11 lets me download and save files where I want to save them. Edge downloads to the download folder only, necessitating a file transfer. It's still not ready for prime time for me. I'll stick with IE 11 until Edge can do everything that IE 11 can do.

I don't particularly notice any speed difference. There may be some, it just doesn't come through on my end noticeably.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I find edge significantly slower on this forum with my laptop. Edge performance is acceptable on my more powerful desktop but still slower than FF or Chrome. I also have several sites that I visit that don't work with Edge. The lack of add on support as Joe indicated is a show stopper. It's still a work in progress IMHO.

Jerry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For me its the lack of support for importing FF bookmarks. Edge doesn't even recognize the presence of FF.

Thanks
    All I know is the Edge opens instantaneously. As soon as it supports Chrome extensions I will test it more thoroughly. It is coming along quite well, though!

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
    All I know is the Edge opens instantaneously. As soon as it supports Chrome extensions I will test it more thoroughly. It is coming along quite well, though!
    I spent the day today @ a MVPDays Event and I think I can say, Edge IS going to support add-ons & extensions, although, I can't exactly how soon, but, it is coming.

And, btw, certainly, agree, Edge has great performance, reliable, very fast & really stable!
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-09-24 at 01:13.