New Lounger
    Thanks

Images resizing each time I open document in word.

Hi
    I have a requirement to create a word document containing images associated with a client held in a directory. I then want to have a similar document showing images for another client in another client. The intent is to move the word doc from one client directory to another and I will see the images associated with that client in the word doc.

I have attempted to achieve this with the use of Insert Picture > Link to file feature. However this creates a hard coded (non relative) link to the initial directory. To create a "Relative" link I have to create a HTM document with word. Then I can move the document and retain the relative links to the client directory.

However, when I change, save and close the document, then reopen the document - all the linked images resize themselves to approx 25% larger than they were initially. If I save and close again, then become larger again.

So far I have spent more than a week trying to overcome this issue. It does not happen on other peoples installation of word 2010. I have de-installed and re-installed word. I have also tried word 2013. I still have the same issue.

Can anyone advise on a way forward. Thanks
    Last edited by Morticus; 2015-09-23 at 00:28.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I have attempted to achieve this with the use of Insert Picture > Link to file feature. However this creates a hard coded (non relative) link to the initial directory. To create a "Relative" link I have to create a HTM document with word. Then I can move the document and retain the relative links to the client directory.
    Not so. The Word Fields and Relative Paths to External Files Sticky thread at the top of this forum explains how to implement relative paths for the INCLUDEPICTURE fields used by Word for linking to pictures.
    However, when I change, save and close the document, then reopen the document - all the linked images resize themselves to approx 25% larger than they were initially. If I save and close again, then become larger again.
    The simplest way to ensure images remain constrained to a predetermined size is to insert them into a table cell with a fixed row height and/or column width, depending on which dimension(s) you want to constrain.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to macropod For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2015-09-23)