New Lounger
    Thanks

How to assign monthly reminders from Excel to Outlook

Hello.

I would like to do the following in MS Office 2010 and by no means am I well versed in Excel or Outlook; I have an Excel spreadsheet with a lot of information, specifically dates, and I see from previous posted that this has been done before but I am quite confused, and find that copy and paste of the code simply does not work for me.

I would like to set up MS Office 2010 calendar reminders every 6 months, to ensure our library is kept updated, as at present it's in disarray. These reminders will be sent to each individual in my team.

Any help concerning this matter would be highly appreciated.

I have attached the Excel Spreadsheet.
    Document Library Creation List 2.xlsx
    Thank you all in advance.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi BGL

Welcome to the Lounge!

We can definitely help you. But a little more info would be required.
    For example, do you want to filter the list of documents/files by each 'creator' of the document/file and send them 'their' list for updating???

zeddy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Zeddy,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that would be ideal, this way we can ensure each individual is responsible for their own documentation.

In essence I'm looking for a means for excel to compile a list of documents for a particular user, then to assign a reminder via outlook (titled after the name of the document) which (if possible) will be sent every 6months requesting the document(s) to be updated.

Ideally as the library is in disarray the first reminder will be from the 10/10/2015 and every 6months after.

Thank you for your help regarding this matter.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi BGL

..I'm testing a solution for you, and will post a demo file in the next day or so. Please check back here.

zeddy