2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

waiting for win10 upgrade

I reserved the Win10 upgrade for my win7 computer, but have not received an install yet. Have already gotten the win10 upgrade for my win8.1 laptop but have not installed it because that is the computer my husband uses and he will ask me lots of questions. Am waiting to get the upgrade on the win7 computer so I can see how it works. Are they sending out the upgrades in a particular order?

Thanks
    Use the download tool on this page and select the upgrade now option when presented:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    That tool should help. My experience has been variable but mostly seemed to hinge upon having all the updates available installed on Win7 w/SP1 and Win8.1. After getting all the updates I would get offered the Upgrade to Win10 on the same day or sometimes 2 or 3 days later. I just completed my 14th Upgrade today, most clients have been happy to satisfied with the changes over Win8.1 and not having to learn much more over Win7.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    That tool should help. My experience has been variable but mostly seemed to hinge upon having all the updates available installed on Win7 w/SP1 and Win8.1. After getting all the updates I would get offered the Upgrade to Win10 on the same day or sometimes 2 or 3 days later. I just completed my 14th Upgrade today, most clients have been happy to satisfied with the changes over Win8.1 and not having to learn much more over Win7.
    Same here. Every client I have set up w/ Windows 10 loves it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    KB3035583 came in today. After I installed that update I got the Windows10 app which tells me I can run Windows10 on this old Win7 computer because: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. The display manufacturer hasn't made your display compatible with Windows 10. Check with the manufacturer for support. Have not found that information. This forum seems to have the best answers. By the way this computer is almost 6 years old. Suggestions on upgrading to win10 appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The info in this article may allow you some use of your card in Win 10 depending upon how you use it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-af7132d6a329

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I did a bit of research for you on this. On one hand supposedly no compatibility issues, yet, can find a lot suggesting there are & things one can do to address said issues, if one cares to bother. Aside from that GPU concern specifically... It, certainly, can't be a bad idea to grab a nice, shiny, new (technology) machine w/ Windows 10 in it from the onset. Is it necessary, per se, probably not. However if budget allows, after 6 years, to have a more modern machine & no need to take the Upgrade route, yes, would be quite a kewl idea & thinking 'long-term', a wise approach.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a very fine HP SFF Desktop with Win7 Pro but can't install Win10 due to the onboard video adapter. I can spend about $40 on a Low-Profile Add-in card to overcome that and just may but don't have a need for the computer just now, but won't through it out either.