New Lounger
    Thanks

Malwarebytes blocks outbound call to 92.242.140.21. Want to stop the attempt to connect.

AVG Free has detected and blocked an outbound attempt to connect to IP address 92.242.140.21 using port 56775 and referencing this file location: C\ Windows\System32\svchost.exe. The information on the IP address that I have found is sketchy, but it seems to be a UK site that directs ads to the PC.

AVG, Malwarebytes (Premium) and HitManPro scans have not removed whatever is initiating the request.

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to rid this from my homebrew Windows 7 x64 system.

BTW - I keep everything current and do maintenance scans weekly including a Secunia PSI scan.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Hello RLozo:

Please read the Malwarebytes forum sticky READ ME: Seeing 92.242.140.21 blocks? Read me please regarding that IP address.

Please post a reply in this thread with updates.

Thank you.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    svchost.exe is an integral Windows program. It is seen as the source because Windows is attempting to connect to that address. I would ignore it unless you have other problems as well.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello 1PW and Paul T....and thanks for your help.

I'm a little embarrassed not to be able to be more specific as to how I resolved this, but I regrettably failed to keep detailed step by step notes, but doing the following things ultimately resolved the issue.

My best estimate is that Roguekiller is the program that finally did the trick.

On the 1st pass I scanned with:

AVG Free
    Malwarebytes (Not the root scan beta)
    RKill (downloaded from Bleeping Computer)
    Kaspersky Rescue disk
    IE version of Rkill (labeled iExplore.exe, from Bleeping Computer)

After running these the problem at first seemed to have been cured, but it turned up again later on rebooting.

on the 2nd pass I ran:

HitmanPro_x64 (v3.7.9.246 - Surfright)
    EmitsoftAntiMalware (v 10.0.0.5641)

This too seemed not to work, and so I asked for help by posting to WSL.

Subsequently I ran RogueKiller v 10.10.5.0 (Adlice Software - adlice.com). Here is where it gets the most confusing. I don't recall that Roguekiller detected anything in particular but, after rebooting, the problem was no longer there.

Again, thanks for the responses and please pardon my delay in responding: Life, as they say, intervened!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RLozo For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2015-10-02)