Thanks

IE 10 or IE 11, Flash Player & Windows 7

I found this in an old thread, but, due to its age, could not post my question there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medico View Post
    In IE 10 and IE 11, flash has become an integral part of IE and is updated through WU, almost monthly. I am unsure if Flash can be removed. I also do not believe Flash can be updated outside of WU in these newer versions of IE..
    Does this mean that we can uninstall the ActiveX version of Flash from our systems if all we have installed is IE10 or IE11? My systems are Windows 7.
    Ray
    OS: 2 computers w/ Win7 Home Premium 64-bit & 2 computer w/ Windows 10 AU Pro (1607)
    Antivirus: Kaspersky; Anti-malware: SpywareBlaster, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I believe MS made Flash Player integral with IE 11 from Win 8/8.1 onwards so you will still need it for Win 7 and either let it update auto or do it manually.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

WildcatRay (2015-09-25)

Thanks
    @Sudo15,

I saw in Susan Bradley's Patch Watch column that Flash is built into IE 10 & IE 11, but she did not indicate that there is also an OS-specific aspect to this, as well.
    Ray
    OS: 2 computers w/ Win7 Home Premium 64-bit & 2 computer w/ Windows 10 AU Pro (1607)
    Antivirus: Kaspersky; Anti-malware: SpywareBlaster, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's not the first time that Susan Bradley has forgotten that Flash is not built into IE10/11 on Windows 7, and that therefore its updates are independent from Windows Updates.

Thanks
    As Sudo15 and Bruce have said, I have to update flash manually on my win 7 IE 11 computers. Not so on my win 10 computer since it is integrated.