New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel 2000 (2000)

This is probably very simple for you. I have a simple 2 sheet workbook with current projects listed by client. When I delete or add a client on sheet 1, I want it to automatically update sheet 2, keeping the alpha formatting. The tricky part for me is that the 2 sheets have only the client name in common, the other columns are different. thank you very much for your response.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel 2000 (2000)

It depends on what your definition of "update" is. It sort of sounds like maybe you need to use the VLOOKUP finction on the second sheet, but I can't say for sure without seeing what you are trying to do. Could you attach a sample workbook to a reply to this message?
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your response. Here is a sample of the spreadsheet. When I am finished with the BoyScout project, I would delete that from sheet one. I want it to automatically delete the matching record from sheet 2. Similarly, if I added a new project to sheet 1,could it auto. add to sheet 2?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't see any way to do what your are asking for the following reason: There does not seem to be anything common between the two sheets. The closest I see is the Project column on Sheet1 and the Client column on Sheet2. However, "Alief High School" and "Alief High School #4- Taylor" are not the same, there is one "Boy Scouts of America" on Sheet1 and two on Sheet2, and there is no "Cedar Park Auditorium" on Sheet2. I don't know how to know what matches what.
    Legare Coleman